Sunday, February 8, 2015

Saturday, Feb. 7th.

Today was preparation day so we went to the market up the street. Very interesting. We are low on water in our apartment from the city so we have to be very careful in using the little water we have. On Monday we will order water to put in the tanks out back. These are the same tanks that the members are given in the projects.
Hopefully the video works!! I have another one but will see if this goes through.


Sunday, Feb. 8th.

The power went off in the middle of the night and did not come back on until 9:45, just before we left for church.
Drove to the Makutano  Branch today as it is the ward President Benjamin attends.
What a wonderful experience. Relief Society was first but there was only the RS president there and her teacher did not show up. The sisters came in slowly but the RS president gave me the manual and asked me to teach, so I taught the sisters. Then I went to Primary and the children sang a welcome song to me. I wish I could have recorded it. They are so beautiful. They were all dressed in their Sunday best. 
As I walked into Sacrament meeting two sisters in the choir were singing. Beautiful. I will try to attach the video I took as it was before Sacrament meeting.
Then we were asked to bear our testimonies by the Branch President so that was nice.
Afterwards we drove President Benjamin home to meet his family who had walked home. Well, again the road was unbelievable. I would never drive over it. Elder McBride was pretty stressed by the time we went to dinner. Elder Squires keeps telling hime he is doing great but the SUV is all scratched up!!
What a sweet family he has. Six children. We asked how long it takes him to bicycle to guard our place and he told us 2 1/2 hours each way. It is over these rocky roads, I do not know how he does it as it is dark. What a different way of living but you know, they are relaxed and happy and have so little. The funny thing is most of them have a cell phone!!! That really surprised me the first day as we were talking to this woman and her phone rang with a church song!!
The men are now planning for a meeting tomorrow with the leaders and garden specialists.
Some cute pictures from church today.






No comments:

Post a Comment